Saturday 4 April 2015

Beautiful Bristol

I am really really excited to finally write this post about Bristol. I had this sudden urge to splurge and head to the other side of the world. Why Bristol? Well it's not really the first town you think about visiting when you think about UK, but everywhere in UK is beautiful really. And, because of my friends that were there, their company makes it all worth it. 


My Morning View



I stayed 30 minutes outside of Bristol City Centre called Langhill Ave. Even in the winter, the 5 hours of sunlight you get from 8am in the morning is a treasure.

How did I get around Bristol? 

Although ranked 6th for UK's most populated city, it actually doesn't have a tube system! But getting around was still convenient. I introduce to you...




TADAA! First group busses! My friends take this to classes everyday. You can buy most types of tickets on the bus itself. They do take cash (unlike London busses). A single journey will cost you £1 to most Bristol attractions but you can find more details about the rates here. There are also some saver tickets worth getting like Bristol Day and Bristol Week tickets. If you're a student, it'll definitely help you save a pound or two. The timetables are listed on the same website, but normally the frequency is every 10 minutes.

Things to see in Bristol

Clifton Suspension Bridge
Christmas steps



The Harbour view
St Nicholas Market
If you're ever thinking about travelling during Christmas time, Bristol's German Christmas Market is truly amazing. It's not too big, something you can't get lost in. But it's flooding with German beer, Hot dogs and fluffy doughnuts. It's located in Broadmead, in the very central of Bristol. 

Bristol's German Christmas Market


I really hope you do consider going to Bristol. I actually felt a more British vibe when in Bristol rather than in London. Until next time, Cheers love!

No comments:

Post a Comment